My friend and I just got bit by the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64 patch. It was applied to our Exchange 2007 server last night and then Outlook 2007 crashed everytime someone used the Scheduling Assistant. There is a private hotfix (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958934) from Microsoft which fixes this issue.
Posted tagged ‘Outlook 2007’
So, everytime my boss printed from Outlook 2007 to his HP DeskJet 4160 it would start to process the print job and then report a paper jam. It would print from other Microsoft Office applications. The long and short of it is somehow (probably my boss’ fault) the paper type and paper size settings in the Page Setup | Memo Style of Outlook 2007 was changed to Custom. Changing this back to letter resolved the issue.
1. Run the Office setup.exe with the /admin switch.
2. From the Outlook profile option in the OCT, create a New Profile and save as a .prf file (i.e.
3. Specify the Exchange Server settings (e.g. server name, cache mode on/off).
4. Copy the .prf file to a share where all Outlook users have permissions.
5. Publish Outlook with the following syntax to import the .prf file (all on the Command line field of the published application):
“c:\program files\microsoft office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE” /importprf
“c:\program files\microsoft office\Office12\default.prf”
When Outlook is launched first time users will not be prompted to create a profile rather the profile will be created automatically!